Riak KV is an open source Erlang application that is distributed using the riak_core Erlang library. Riak KV provides a key/value datastore and features MapReduce, lightweight data relations, and several different client APIs.
We encourage contributions to
riak_kv from the community.
- Fork the
riak_kvrepository on Github.
- Clone your fork or add the remote if you already have a clone of the repository.
git clone email@example.com:yourusername/riak_kv.git # or git remote add mine firstname.lastname@example.org:yourusername/riak_kv.git
- Create a topic branch for your change.
git checkout -b some-topic-branch
- Make your change and commit. Use a clear and descriptive commit message, spanning multiple lines if detailed explanation is needed.
- Push to your fork of the repository and then send a pull-request through Github.
git push mine some-topic-branch
- A Basho engineer or community maintainer will review your patch and merge it into the main repository or send you feedback.