A simple, fast and interruptable download accelerator, written in Rust
(A special thanks to @fh-d for this awesome logo !)
- Simple: a command line tool to manage easily your downloads ;
- Fast: multithreading support.
NOTE: Snatch is on alpha version. This version runs well on remote contents with a length known before the download (with the
content-length header from the server response) - also, the Interruptable feature is not implemented yet.
- Install Rust and Cargo using rustup ;
- You can download two versions of Snatch :
- the latest build from crates.io:
cargo install snatch;
- the last commit version from Github:
cargo install --git https://github.com/derniercri/snatch.git --branch devel;
- Enjoy !
Snatch 0.1.2 Snatch, a simple, fast and interruptable download accelerator, written in Rust. USAGE: snatch [FLAGS] [OPTIONS] <url> FLAGS: -d, --debug Activate the debug mode --force Assume Yes to all queries and do not prompt -h, --help Prints help information -V, --version Prints version information OPTIONS: -f, --file <file> The local file to save the remote content file -t, --threads <threads> Threads which can be used to download ARGS: <url>
- A simple PDF file
- Big Buck Bunny, a big free mp4 file
- The cat DNA, a big .gz file
- A big PDF file from Princeton
You want to contribute to Snatch ? Here are a few ways you can help us out :
- improve the documentation,
- improve the CLI,
- add new features (please to see our issues),
- report bugs.
If you want to create a pull request, this is the procedure to make it great:
- create an issue to explain the problem you encountered (except for typo),
- fork the project,
- create a local branch to make changes (from our
- test your changes,
- create a pull request (please compare it with our
- explain your changes,
- submit !
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Snatch ! :-D
Libraries cannot be build Please go check if you are using the latest version of
fatal error: 'openssl/hmac.h' file not foundIf you are on a GNU/Linux distribution (like Ubuntu), please install
libssl-dev. If you are on macOS, please install
openssland check your OpenSSL configuration:
brew install openssl export OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=`brew --prefix openssl`/include export OPENSSL_LIB_DIR=`brew --prefix openssl`/lib export DEP_OPENSSL_INCLUDE=`brew --prefix openssl`/include