Please help us with this short survey: http://bit.ly/greendao-survey Thanks for your support!
greenDAO is a light & fast ORM solution for Android that maps objects to SQLite databases. Being highly optimized for Android, greenDAO offers great performance and consumes minimal memory.
Home page, documentation, and support links: http://greenrobot.org/greendao/
greenDAO has a unique set of features:
- Rock solid: greenDAO has been around since 2011 and is used by countless famous apps
- Super simple: concise and straight-forward API
- Small: The library is <100K and it's just plain Java jar (no CPU dependent native parts)
- Fast: Probably the fastest ORM for Android, driven by intelligent code generation
- Safe and expressive query API: QueryBuilder uses property constants to avoid typos
- V2.0.0 Powerful joins: query across entities and even chain joins for complex relations
- V2.0.0 Flexible property types: use custom classes or enums to represent data in your entity
Add greenDAO to your project
Gradle dependency for your Android app:
Gradle dependency for your Java generator project:
Features in Beta
Those features are already here for you to try out. Note: Documentation and test coverage may be lacking, and the API may change in the future.
- New AsyncSession (acquired from DaoSession.startAsyncSession()) provides most operations for DAOs, Queries, and transactions in a asynchronously variant
- AsyncOperations are processed in order by a background thread
- waitForCompletion methods for AsyncSession and AsyncOperations
- AsyncOperationListener for asynchronous callback when operations complete
- Asynchronous operations can be merged in single transactions (details follow)
- Added raw SQL queries returning a Query object (LazyList support etc.)
More Open Source by greenrobot
EventBus is a central publish/subscribe bus for Android with optional delivery threads, priorities, and sticky events. A great tool to decouple components (e.g. Activities, Fragments, logic components) from each other.
greenrobot-common is a set of utility classes and hash functions for Android & Java projects.
Follow us on Google+ to stay up to date.