mdp - A command-line based markdown presentation tool.
How to get started:
mdp needs the ncursesw headers to compile. So make sure you have them installed:
- on Ubuntu/Debian you need
- on Cygwin you need
Now download and install mdp:
$ git clone https://github.com/visit1985/mdp.git $ cd mdp $ make $ make install $ mdp sample.md
- On Arch, you can use the existing AUR package.
- On Slackware, grab the SlackBuild here: (http://slackbuilds.org/apps/mdp/), or run
sbopkg -i mdp.
- On FreeBSD, you can use the port misc/mdp.
- On OS-X, use the existing Homebrew Formula by running
brew install mdp.
Most terminals support 256 colors only if the TERM variable is set correctly. To enjoy mdp's color fading feature:
$ export TERM=xterm-256color
How to use it:
Horizontal rulers are used as slide separator.
Supports basic markdown formating:
line wide markup
- unordered list
- bold text
- underlined text
Supports headers prefixed by @ symbol.
- first two header lines are displayed as title and author in top and bottom bar
Review sample.md for more details.
- h, j, k, l, Arrow keys, Space, Enter, Backspace, Page Up, Page Down - next/previous slide
- Home, g - go to first slide
- End, G - go to last slide
- 1-9 - go to slide n
- r - reload input file
- q - exit
How to debug it:
To make a debug version of
mdp, just type:
$ make DEBUG=1